M365 – OneDrive for Business
Staff/Faculty & Students OneDrive for Business account is 5 TB (5000 GB) of Cloud-accessible storage, stored in Microsoft’s Canadian data centres in Toronto and Quebec City.
- Insurance: If your computer breaks or is stolen, access the files that were online as well as those in your sync’d folder, from any replacement computer/phone/tablet.
- Web accessible
- Offline-Accessible: if you choose to optionally sync your cloud files with a folder on your laptop
- Secure: Use your MyCarletonOne (MC1) account name & password; files are encrypted in transit and at rest
- Supported: If you need assistance, Carleton’s Service Desk can help.
- Work/Life Separation: Store your Carleton work files on OneDrive for Business, separately from any personal OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Docs account.
- Collaborate but…: While you can share a document or folder within your OneDrive with another OneDrive user, we recommend staff/faculty consider instead Microsoft Teams for collaboration.