M365 - OneDrive for Business
Staff/Faculty and Students OneDrive for Business account is 5 TB (5000 GB) of Cloud-accessible storage, stored in Microsoft’s Canadian data centres in Toronto and Quebec City.
NOTE: To use OneDrive for Business, you must first enable your Office 365 license.
- Backup insurance: If your computer breaks or is stolen, you can access the files that were online as well as those in your sync’d folder, from any replacement computer/phone/tablet.
- Web accessible: You can access your files through onedrive.live.com
- Offline accessible: You can use the desktop app to sync your cloud files with a folder on your laptop
- Supported: If you need assistance, Carleton’s Service Desk can help.
- Secure: Use your MyCarletonOne (MC1) account name and password; files are encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Work-Life separation: Store your Carleton work files onOneDrive for Business, separately from any personal OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Docs account.
- Filesharing: You can share files with others by setting permissions (however, we recommend that staff/faculty to use Microsoft Teams for shared files, and OneDrive for individual files).