What is this service?
This service enables Carleton faculty researchers to securely store and share research data with their research team, as well as with researchers at other institutions. The data is stored locally within the secured data centre on Carleton’s campus.
RCS (Citrix) ShareFile can be accessed as virtual, direct-attached storage or via the web, allowing research data sharing and collaboration to be performed from anywhere in the world, without the need to establish VPN connections back to campus.
How do I obtain this service?
The RCS ShareFile service is available to Carleton faculty researchers by contacting the IT Service Desk to have an account created.
How do I receive support for this service?
ITS Service Desk
What is included?
- Key Standard Features
- Creation of a Citrix ShareFile account for faculty researchers
- Allocation of requested storage
- Ability for faculty research to partition and share portions of his/her storage allocation with research team members, as well as external collaborators
- Access via web, curesearch.sharefile.com or via virtual network-attached storage, enabled by software for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Non-Standard Features
- Contact Research Computing Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Exclusions
Was this page helpful?
2 people found this useful