To celebrate World Refugee Day on 20 June 2019, the University of Ottawa, in collaboration with partners in the Ottawa-area, will be hosting a Trebek Forum entitled “Humanizing Migration: Rights, Refuge, Responsibilities”
The bilingual Forum will bring together Canadian and international thought leaders from government, academia and civil society to humanize public debate on migration to Canada.
The forum will include:
- A high-level panel on Canadian leadership in global migration policy
- Workshops on settlement, environmental migration, education, and detention
- A photography exhibit
- A publications and poster fair
- A film screening
The event will be free and open to the public, but registration is necessary. Registration will open on May 1st.
As part of the event, the organizing committee invites proposals for posters from graduate students working on migration-related research at the University of Ottawa, l’Université du Québec en Outaouais, Carleton University and Saint Paul University.
Proposals may be submitted in French or English and must include:
- A title
- Academic program and university affiliation of the author (only graduate students from the partner universities listed above may submit proposals)
- 250-word (maximum) abstract, clearly indicating the empirical, conceptual or theoretical contribution that the research makes. Posters summarizing literature reviews will not be accepted.
The online submission form is here: https://forms.gle/Sg72ZsPkaT57cn8t7
Deadline: April 30th, 2019, 17:00 EST
An adjudicating committee composed of a representative from each university will notify successful candidates by May 15th, 2019. A bilingual workshop will be hosted at the University of Ottawa to assist selected students in preparing their posters. Posters will be printed and displayed at the “Humanizing Migration” forum on June 20th at the University of Ottawa. Authors are invited to attend the forum, but attendance is not required to be selected.
For more information, please contact Christina Clark-Kazak: email@example.com