The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, School of Business Studies and Humanities, Assistant Lecturer
Kurwa Guyashi is an Assistant Lecturer of Accounting, Banking, and Finance in the School of Business Studies and Humanities at The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology. He holds a Master of Science degree in Accounting and Finance and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. Professionally, he is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Professional Banker.
Research Interests and societal interests
His research areas of interest include financial innovation and inclusion, corporate governance, entrepreneurship management, and impact of climatic change on financial services sector.
Expectations as a QES Scholar during the Mobility Period
- As a QES Scholar during the mobility period, I expect the program to sharpen my research skills including research proposal writing and data analysis which will be useful in my PhD studies.
- I expect to be equipped with an in-depth knowledge on climatic change and societal transformations through advanced multi-disciplinary training.
- I expect to get an invaluable opportunity to learn from others and establish networks with them and Carleton University for future collaborations including collaboration in research works and grant proposal writing.
The QES Project and Advancement of your Career
As an academic staff and researcher, the QES project will advance my career by:
- Enhancing research writing and data analysis skills which will enable me in teaching and writing papers for publication.
- Enhancing my knowledge on writing proposals for research grants.
- Widening my knowledge on climate change issues and societal development which will enable me to link them with finance and corporate governance in teaching, research, and other academic writings.
- Giving me opportunity to build networks and collaborations with other scholars and Carleton University to be able to cooperate in writing proposals for research grants and papers for publication.