Queen Elizabeth Scholars will collaborate with research partners from Tanzania, Ghana, and Malawi.
The QES-AS project provides support for exchanges of advanced scholars at Carleton University, Nelson Mandela Africa Institute of Science and Technology, Tanzania; Mzuzu University, Malawi; and the University of Ghana or the Pan African Doctoral Academy at the University of Ghana.
The scholarship is open to PhD students at Carleton University and PhD students or early career researchers employed by one of the African institutions within the period 2017-2020.
Over the course of three to four months, scholars from Carleton and the partner universities will participate in an exchange and conduct advanced research with local faculty, participate in inter-disciplinary and professional development workshops, network with key stakeholders and undertake a work experience placement.
Carleton University Institutions
- Faculty of Public Affairs
- Sprott School of Business
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering and Design
- Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
- This project will be housed under the Institute of African Studies