We understand events in Ottawa and around the world can be challenging to view, experience and navigate. Carleton is here to support you.
Supporting your mental health and wellness is key. Any member of the community who needs support can access resources at Carleton. Students can access free, confidential support through:
- Carleton’s Health and Counselling Services
- Wellness Services Navigator for anonymous, confidential resources on campus and in the community
- Specialized counselling at Carleton, including trans-2SLGBTQ+ and international student counselling
- Good2Talk: phone 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- Empower Me: 1-833-628-5589 (toll-free in Canada and U.S.)
- International SOS
Faculty and staff are encouraged to access the Employee & Family Assistance Program.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, outside of Health and Counselling Services’ regular operating hours, contact any of the following numbers for 24/7 support:
- On-campus: Campus Safety Services: 613-520-4444 (or dial 4444 from any university landline)
- Off-campus: 911
- Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region: 613-238-3311
- Crisis Service Canada: 1-833-456-4566