Dr. Onita Basu is a Professor in Environmental Engineering at Carleton University in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. She is also currently Associate Dean (Planning & Awards) with the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctaral Affairs (FGPA).
From 2016-2019 she was the Associate Chair (Grad) in CEE.
B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc. (British Columbia), Ph.D. (Waterloo), P.Eng.
- Carleton University Teaching Achievement Award (2021)
- Carleton University Graduate Mentorship Award (2021)
- Ottawa Chapter PEO Citizenship Award (2020)
- Carleton University Research Achievement Award (2019)
- Filtration Technology – slow sand filtration, biofiltration, conventional filtration
- Membrane Fouling – polymeric and ceramic systems
- LMIC – water resource and treatment challenges
- Biofuel/Biochar Process Optimization
- Alternative Disinfection Technologies
- Sustainable and integrated approaches for water and wastewater treatment