Mitacs has partnered with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), to support the mobility of students from Canadian universities to German universities and institutions.
The RISE-Globalink Research Internship (RISE-GRI) is a competitive initiative that offers undergraduate students at Canadian universities in the fields of biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, earth science, and physics the opportunity to participate in a research project supervised by a doctoral student at a German university or institution.
Projects should last approximately three months (and at least 10 weeks) and must begin between May 15 and July 12, 2021.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international student
- Students with German citizenship must be able to prove that they have been living outside of Germany for six or more years
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be registered for full-time undergraduate studies at a Canadian university in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences, or engineering (or a closely related field), and remain as such during the RISE-GRI
- Have completed at least two years in a four- or five-year undergraduate degree
Mitacs provides $6,000 to support the student’s travel costs and living expenses
The call for applications will will close on December 15, 2020.
Submitting Your Application
- Students review the list of available projects in their discipline on the RISE Germany internship database
- Students submit RISE-GRI applications through the RISE Germany portal
- Canadian applicants who meet Mitacs’s eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for Mitacs funding, which will be awarded to the 100 highest-ranked candidates who are placed in the RISE program
- Results announced in Spring 2021
- For further details about the application process, eligibility criteria and submission requirements, click here.
- Please visit the RISE Germany website for more information about the application procedure and the internship program.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Contact Sylvie Jasen at Carleton International for assistance and once awarded to complete the predeparture requirements.