Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institution. This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process. Proposals can be developed and submitted from all domains of knowledge/disciplines under this programme.
Applications can be submitted by Faculty from Indian or Canadian Institution, who are in the Member Council of the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The project proposal must clearly address the feasibility of the proposed project with an undertaking to complete it within the stipulated period of two years commencing from the date of notification of the award. The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute provides grant to start the research at a rudimentary level, so it is appreciative that the applicant may try to arrange additional contributions from other sources and from his/her own institution also.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and their constituent colleges /institutes are eligible to apply for this grant.
- The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.
INR 10, 00,000 (disbursement of grant will be in two equal installment of 5 lakh each year).
For proposal development/substantive review, please contact Sylvie Jasen
|Faculty Deadline||Consult Sylvie Jasen|
|OVPRI Approval Form Deadline||August 10, 2020|
|Submission to Sponsor||August 17, 2020 7:30 AM EST|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.