The Embassy of Canada to Chile is seeking applications for a joint Canada-Chile student research project on the 80 years of diplomatic relations between Canada and Chile to be celebrated in 2021.
The joint research project will pair a Chilean student with a Canadian student to conduct research and produce a summary report, of no more than 20 pages, on the milestones of the 80 years of diplomatic relations between Canada and Chile, with projections as to the future of the bilateral relationship, as informed from the historical research.
The two students will be expected to collaborate on the research, drawing from sources in Chile and Canada, and in the writing of the final report. The research and writing of the report will be conducted from the beginning of February to mid-March, 2021.
The final report will be presented to the Embassy of Canada in Chile by the end of March 2021, and the students will be invited to offer a virtual presentation of the findings in April/May 2021.
- Senior undergraduate or Master’s student
- Experience in research
- Connections to or research interest in Chile preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
The selected students will receive a one-time payment of $2000 CAD.
Dates and Duration
Beginning of February 2021 until end of March 2021.
- 20 page report
- Presentation of findings
Applications must be submitted to the Carleton International office by January 20, 2021, 11:59 pm.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following to be considered:
- copy of their resume (CV), including information on their program of study and list of coursework completed, and language proficiencies
- a cover letter, of no more than one-page, outlining their interest in the project, and ideas for the research, as based on their knowledge of the Canada-Chile relationship
Please send your application to Sylvie Jasen (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Carleton International by January 20th. Carleton will select up to 10 candidates for consideration by the Embassy of Canada in Chile, which will make the final selection during the last week of January.
If you have any questions, please contact Sylvie Jasen (email@example.com), International Projects Coordinator.