Carleton has reflected on its origins in the April 2017 edition of the Glebe Report.
“In 1946, a four-year-old college named after Sir Guy Carleton moved into a five-storey, red brick building at 268 First Avenue,” writers author Joseph Mathieu. “The move was partly thanks to the efforts of Henry Marshall Tory, who in 1941 was enlisted by a committee of the Ottawa YMCA to found the college.”
Read the entire text of the piece here.
More News Posts
Launch of the Final Part of the CU75 Campaign and Contest
As we approach the end of Carleton's 75th year, we're rolling out the fourth and final edition of the CU75 campaign. People featured in this fourth phase of the campaign... More
CU75 Events in September 2017
With Carleton's 75th Anniversary in full swing, the university continues to host a number of events, conferences and talks. Watch this space for information on what we have planned and... More
Carleton Reflects on its Beginnings in the Glebe as it Celebrates 75th Anniversary
Landmark birthdays are the best time for reflection and, in its 75th year, Carleton University is looking back fondly on its formative years in the Glebe. In 1946, a four-year-old... More