Become a CUSERT Responder!
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are now closed. If you are interested in joining CUSERT, please follow us on social media (links below) to be made aware of when applications for 2022-2023 school year open.
Are you looking for a positive way to spend your free time that involves helping others in the Carleton community and improving your first aid skills, as well as getting to know other students? If so, CUSERT may be for you!
Every year, we look for dedicated and motivated students to join our team of volunteer medical first responders. CUSERT provides emergency medical response services to the Carleton University campus and throughout the school year.
Requirements to join CUSERT:
- Student at Carleton University (including those starting at Carleton in September 2021)
- Will be in Ottawa for the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 semesters
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification*
- Valid CPR Level C Certification*
- Clean Criminal Record
- Desire to help others in their community and work in a team
- Interest in practicing first aid in a rewarding and enjoyable environment
*If you are not certified yet but are planning on taking a course before September 19, 2021, you may still submit an application. Please visit our First Aid Course page to learn more about the courses we are offering.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.