The Carleton University Student Emergency Response Team (CUSERT) is a student-run campus response team that serves many functions as a safety presence on campus:
- CUSERT provides free on-call emergency medical first response twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week throughout the Fall and Winter Semesters (September to April).
- CUSERT provides free first aid coverage at various Carleton-based events.
- CUSERT can provide first aid training for any organization affiliated with the Carleton community.
- CUSERT responders are highly trained in advanced first aid, and are capable of responding to many situations – whether they’re on duty or not.
- CUSERT is a member of the national Association of Campus Emergency Response Teams, ACERT, and the National Collegiate EMS Foundation, NCEMSF.
- CUSERT represents Carleton at first aid competitions against other university teams across Canada.