The English Literature Society (ELS) is a student-run group that aims to connect Carleton students with literary interests to each other and to the greater Ottawa community through various events on and off campus. Organizing and promoting mixers, reading series, open mics, workshops, fundraisers, contests, and calls for submissions, the ELS is your source for all things literary. ELS events are free admission and open to all students, and are a great way to meet peers and English Department faculty alike in informal, social settings.
If you would like to find out about ELS events follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
In Fall of 2019, the ELS Creative Writers’ Circle meets on Fridays at 5:30 PM in the Gordon Wood Lounge, DT 1811.
Some Literary Links
- For the spring and fall schedule of events at the Ottawa Writers’ Festival: www.writersfestival.org
- For a constantly changing list of literary events in the Ottawa area: http://nac-cna.ca/en/students
- In/Words is a student-run magazine and press here at Carleton University: http://carleton.ca/english/student-groups/inwords-magazine-press/
- Our recent PhD graduate Amatoritsero Ede runs an online literary magazine, the Maple Tree Literary Supplement: http://www.mtls.ca
- Book Ravens is a student-led book club open to all students at Carleton: https://www.facebook.com/CarletonBookClub/