Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Project Management (Mitacs Training)
March 24, 2021 — March 25, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
All Carleton graduate students and postdocs are encouraged to attend Mitacs Training workshops, but if you are working as a TA this session can count toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place. IMPORTANT: In order for your hours to be recorded, you must send us an email or other document from Mitacs that displays a record of your attendance. Please forward it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot record your training hours if you notify us after the term deadline for submission (November 30 for Fall Term, March 30 for Winter Term).
Developed by a team of masterful project managers and adult instructors, Project Management 2020 delivers a balance of “core” project management knowledge and skills. These are blended with practical learning on key interpersonal skills essential to successful achieve project goals.
PM 2020 is aligned with the most recent proposed Project Management Institute (PMI) body of knowledge (PMBOK), the most recognized approach to project management. As well, the program delves into the challenges every project manager faces such as managing stakeholders, defining the value of a project, dealing with conflict, and managing quality.
Over an intense, two-day course you experience a practical opportunity to bring your project into a workshop and learn how to increase your success, using professional templates while collaborating in a supportive environment.
To learn more and register for this course, visit edge.mitacs.ca.
If you do not have an existing account in the Mitacs EDGE learning management system, follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca
- We recommend using a web-based browser. The site isn’t fully optimized for mobile browsing just yet.
- You will be required to create a new account! Please do not attempt to use your existing login credentials with previous Mitacs platforms, they will not work!
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select your current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If you are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant, please select General
For more information on Mitacs Training, visit our Mitacs Training page.