Enhance your graduate degree with the skills that will help you get hired. Mitacs Training workshops provide training that helps you meet deadlines, manage projects, and build a professional profile that exceeds expectations.
Each workshop is developed around one or more of the following competencies:
- Leadership & Management
- Communication & Relationship Building
- Personal & Professional Management
Grad students and postdocs can learn in a friendly, diverse environment with other researchers from all disciplines.
To register for Mitacs Training workshops, and to access online workshops, students must create an account on Mitacs’ new learning management system called EDGE (Education, Development, Growth, and Engagement). EDGE has started replacing Mitacs Training’s past learning platforms and is designed to enhance student’s training experience through courses and curriculum. By accessing EDGE, students will be able to:
- Enroll in Mitacs Training courses scheduled across Canada
- Access Mitacs Training’s online course catalog
- View and download transcripts following successful course completion
- Check course registration status, download resources and tools, and more!
To get started on EDGE, students will need to:
- Visit https://edge-reg.mitacs.ca
- We recommend using a web-based browser. The site isn’t fully optimized for mobile browsing just yet.
- You will be required to create a new account! Please do not attempt to use your existing login credentials with previous Mitacs platforms, they will not work!
- Select your Learner Affiliation on the EDGE Registration Portal
- Carefully select your current Mitacs Program Affiliation
- If you are not a Mitacs Intern or program participant, please select General
All Carleton graduate students and postdocs are encouraged to attend Mitacs Training workshops, but if you are working as a TA this session can count toward voluntary paid training hours, provided that you are working as a TA in the term when the training takes place. IMPORTANT: In order for your hours to be recorded, you must send us an email or other document from Mitacs that displays a record of your attendance. Please forward it as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot record your training hours if you notify us after the term deadline for submission (November 30 for Fall Term, March 30 for Winter Term).
If you have any questions about online workshops, please contact David Lafferty, Coordinator of Graduate Professional Development, at email@example.com.