The Childhood and Youth Studies Students’ Association (CYSSA) works towards:
- Providing an environment where students can network and build connections within the Childhood & Youth Studies program.
- Building student awareness of the field of Childhood & Youth Studies.
- Bringing educational speakers to campus and organizing workshops.
- Providing opportunities for volunteer work and fundraising for local charities and organizations.
The 2021-2022 CYSSA Team
Dayna Craigie Co-President
Danielle Treskov Co-President
Shobana Ramesh VP Communications
Rona Fraser VP Administration
Chloe Greenhalgh VP Finance
Meet and Greet
Hot Chocolate and Chill
Holiday Donations: In December of 2020, the CYSSA board donated clothes and gift cards for youth at the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa and the SWAG program at the Carlington Health Centre. Both programs are wonderful youth organizations that are dedicated to helping young individuals living in and around Ottawa.
- Child Studies Alumni Event: Former CHST Alumni discussed their life after completing their Child Studies degree which included their experiences in terms finding work and other opportunities.
- Anti-Racist Approaches to our Practices with Children and Youth: This was an amazing event to celebrate Black History Month. Speakers at the presentation included Jojo Abrokwah (Graduation coach for Black Students and worked with SWAG), Amina Hagger (Boys and Girls Club Ottawa), and Laura Mae Lindo (Anti-Racism Critic for the NDP).
To find out more, join our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/CYSSA.Carleton and Instagram @CarletonCYSSA https://www.instagram.com/carletoncyssa/ or send us an email. We look forward to meeting you!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CYSSA.Carleton
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CYSSA2020