Industry and Partnership Services (IPS) facilitates and manages collaboration between the University’s researchers and various partners, including companies, government departments, other universities, and community partners. IPS seeks to assist Carleton researchers and external organizations with all aspects of developing effective research relationships, with the goal of strengthening University research programs and helping external partners to meet their research and development needs.
Specifically, IPS provides support by:
- Identifying and negotiating with potential partners
- Participating in the development of project budgets and research plans
- Arranging appropriate financing options, such as leveraging public funding with industry capital and expertise
- Reviewing and negotiating research-related agreements
- Providing advice regarding the management of Intellectual Property