Mail Services picks up and delivers mail at 170 locations across campus traveling through the tunnels to approximately 25 buildings.
Notice Regarding Canada Post Strike
As of Monday October 22nd, the Canada Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has begun rotating strike activities across Canada. This means that mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up in affected areas during these strike periods. New areas will be selected each day, it is not known in advance which areas will be affected. Despite this development, Canada Post advises talks between the company and union are continuing in an effort to reach a settlement.
Currently Carleton is not being affected by this strike, but we may be affected in the future.
In the event of a strike in Ottawa, there will be certain restrictions placed on Mail Services that will result in the following temporary delays. Regular service would resume once the strike has ended for our region.
Domestic Canadian Mail
The pickup and delivery of all mail will cease, except for couriers other than Canada Post.
Alternate delivery methods are as follows:
- Courier – check the Purchasing website www.carleton.ca/purchasing/
- Utilize email/fax if possible to deliver documents/communicate with clients and businesses.
Canada Post Mail boxes
- Canada Post mail boxes situated on campus will not be emptied during that period. It is therefore advisable not to use these boxes during the strike.
USA and International Mail
- Mail to USA and International destinations will continue using our contractor Delivery Net who is not affiliated with Canada Post.
- Mail sent via IUTS will continue to be picked up and delivered to the Library for delivery through CanPar.
On Campus Mail
- Internal campus mail pickup and deliveries will continue as normal.
Any further information regarding the above please contact Don Johnson at X4300. For updates on the rotating strike, please see www.canadapost.ca/update.