|Degrees:||Ph.D. in sustainable Energy Sciences and Engineering at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology|
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Tanzania, Department of Materials and Sustainable Energy Sciences, Assistant Lecturer
Sophia Bakili is currently pursuing her PhD in sustainable Energy Sciences and Engineering at the Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology in Arusha, Tanzania. She holds MSc. in Environmental Science and Engineering from NM-AIST. Her wider research interest covers areas of renewable energies such as biomass (biofuels/biogas).
Research Interests and societal interests
- To use renewable energy technologies as a catalyst for societal development as well as mitigation measures to climate change.
- This is within the societal interests and expectations. The varieties of renewable sources in the country can be utilized effectively to bring about individual and national development as a whole.
Expectations as a QES Scholar during the Mobility Period
- To gain understanding on the causes and effects of climate change
- To develop proper adaptive and mitigation measures to climate change
- To learn from other scholars how climate change affected their countries and measures taken
- To participate in various community activities in Carleton related to objectives of QE Scholarship
- To establish networking with other scholars as well as Carleton community
- To have placement where I can have hands-on experience regarding to my field of study
- To learn the Canadian culture and history by visiting historical sites
- To perform laboratory experiment to accomplish 1stand 2ndobjectives of my research
The QES Project and Advancement of your Career
It is my hope that QES Project will advance my career in:
- improving my writing skills
- perform laboratory experiment related to my research
- practically link my career and industrial sector for sustainable development
- gain insight on how to write grant and research proposals
- widen my knowledge on climate change related issue including adaptation, mitigation, and transformation strategies
- building confidence in executing my duties including teaching