Shaping the Future
Wherever your interests in public affairs lie, the School of Public Policy and Administration at Carleton University provides graduate programs that can challenge, engage and inspire. Several thousand of our alumni now hold leading positions in government, the private and non-profit sectors, and academia.
The school offers the following academic programs:
- PhD in Public Policy
- Master of Public Policy and Administration
- Master of Public Policy and Administration (Indigenous Policy and Administration concentration)
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Energy (Policy)
- Master of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership
- Diploma in Public Policy and Program Evaluation
- Diploma in Indigenous Policy and Administration
The School of Public Policy and Administration (SPPA) has been a centre of policy research and academic excellence for more than 65 years. Our offices and classrooms are located in Carleton’s Richcraft Hall, which is one of the greenest buildings in Canada.
Students from across Canada and around the world come to Carleton to study public policy in Canada’s capital city. The School is proud of its collegial, interdisciplinary environment. Each year, we welcome approximately 60 new Masters’ students, six new PhD candidates and 25 diploma students.