IDRC, the Israel Science Foundation, the Azrieli Foundation, and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research announce the call for proposals for the fourth round of the Joint Canada-Israel Health Research Program.
Canada’s International Development Research Centre, in partnership with the Azrieli Foundation, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), and the Israel Science Foundation (ISF), is supporting cutting-edge biomedical research under a new program.
This funding opportunity is expected to:
- Advance research and discovery in the biomedical sciences;
- Encourage scientific collaboration between Canadian and Israeli researchers and trainees; and
- Build capacity in biomedical science and foster scientific relations and collaborations with researchers and trainees in low and middle income countries.
- Each team must include only two Principal Applicants (PAs), one in Canada and one in Israel.
- All other researchers (including those from low and middle income countries) must participate as collaborators.
- Applicants must include a Collaboration Plan for integrating researchers in low and middle income countries and establishing long-term scientific relationships with them.
- As a minimum eligibility requirement, all proposals must support at least one of the following activities aimed at supporting capacity and scientific relationships:
- significant training opportunities such as scientific workshops, graduate training in Canada or Israel, or summer schools benefiting researchers/trainees in eligible low and middle income countries;
- inclusion of trainees from low and middle income countries in the carrying out of the research; and/or
- inclusion of established researchers from low and middle income countries in the carrying out of the research.
Six grants worth up to CA$1,170,000 each will be awarded to joint biomedical science research teams from Canada, Israel, and low and middle income countries for a period of up to three years.
Full details regarding the Joint Canada-Israel Health Research Program 2018 Competition.
|CORIS Internal Deadline||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist||January 12, 2018|
|Registration with Sponsor||January 16, 2018|
|Application Deadline||February 13, 2018|
Submitting Your cuResearch Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which the Departmental Chair and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.