WADA is committed to increasing the volume of research dedicated to developing new and improved detection methods for prohibited substances and methods. WADA is also responsible for studying emerging doping threats, such as gene doping.
To this end, WADA issues a call for research proposals each year. Scientists from around the world submit proposals addressing the research topics prioritized by WADA’s Health, Medical and Research Committee.
Since 2001, WADA has funded projects in the following areas:
- Compounds/Methods Enhancing Growth
- Compounds/Methods Enhancing Oxygen Delivery
- Exogenous and Endogenous Anabolic Steroids
- Detection of prohibited substances/methods: classic methodologies e.g. chromatographic, immunological and biochemical
- Gene and Cellular Technologies applied to Sports
- Identification and detection of substances with doping potential
- Pharmacology of prohibited substances
View the complete list of funded research projects that WADA has supported since 2001.
For further information, please contact WADA’s Science Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientists interested in submitting their research projects are invited to consult the 2018 Scientific Research Topics as well as the application procedure that can be found on the online platform, WADAGrants.
|CORIS Internal Deadline||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist||February 8, 2018|
|Application Deadline||February 15, 2018 24:00 (GMT)|
Submitting Your cuResearch Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which the Departmental Chair and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.