Career Services Employer Engagement Program
The Career Services Employer Engagement Program is an opportunity for employers and community representatives to partner with Carleton University to actively engage in developing students’ career management skills by providing career guidance and enhancing their employability skills, knowledge and competencies to be competitive in today’s job market and succeed in their future careers. We offer a variety of career development activities and events that will provide you with an opportunity to get involved in higher education, connect with students and expand your network of Carleton staff and faculty. Our Carleton students look to employers, industry leaders and HR professionals for industry expertise, knowledge and advice to make informed career decisions.
We have a variety of engagement opportunities for you to be involved in to guide, support and motivate our students’ career development learning:
Share your knowledge and expertise within the career/employment and workplace field by facilitating a workshop to help prepare students for success in the workplace.
- Work Ethic and Professionalism
- Workplace Success: First 30 days on the Job
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Goal Setting & Motivation
Professional Skill Development
Provide Carleton students a learning experience to build their employability skill set and motivate them to meet the demands of an ever changing work environment through your knowledge of skill development by facilitating a workshop.
- Project Management Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Networking Skills
Employment Preparation – share your hiring experience with students by providing them guidance and advice through resume critiques, mock interviews and job search twitter chats.
Speaker Series – presented as a fire side chat, engage with our students by sharing your career path, career experiences, industry trends in your career field, and lessons learned along the way.
Student Events – participate in student-run events by sharing your industry knowledge as a keynote speaker or a panel representative to discuss employment topics.
Alumni Mentor Program – join the program and provide leadership guidance to a student to guide them in their career path and give them a competitive advantage in the job market.
Benefits of participating in our engagement activities:
- opportunity to increase your professional development in training, presentation, mentoring, and coaching skills through planning, delivering content and learning activities
- have a direct impact on a student’s career development learning and increasing their skills and competencies for employment
- enhance your corporate social responsibility and your organization’s image within the Carleton community
- increase your network with the university community, knowledge and developments in education
- inspire and develop our students, your future workforce and tomorrow’s leaders