Education, Training and Professional Development
Cutomized offerings are also available upon request.
Harassment, Discrimination and Accommodations Response
- AODA Accessibility Training (Brightspace)
- Carleton University Safe Space Program
- Equity and Human Rights – Faculty
- Equity and Human Rights – Supervisors
- Equity and Human Rights – Staff
Equity and Inclusion Promotion
- Cultural Proficiencies for Inclusive Workplaces
- Equity in the Classroom
- Inclusive Leadership
- Implementing or Enhancing Equity-Driven Curricula and Pedagogy
Sexual Violence Prevention and Survivor Support
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence
- Community Responses to Sexual Violence
- Bystander Intervention workshops
- Consent Education
EIC leads or co-leads important university initiatives requiring consultative service. In the past, these included the Carleton University Indigenous Strategic Initiatives Committee (CUISIC), and the Sexual Violence Policy review process. More recently, this leadership work has extended to the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Committee (SVPEC), The Strategic Integrated Plan (SIP) Task Force and the consultations supporting the EIC Advisory Group Recommendations for EDI Institutional Strategic Action.
Policy Development and Advice
The Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities (EIC) contributes and or leads a number of pan-university decision-making and advisory bodies. We have listed just a few in our Governance and Committees section. In addition, we provide ad hoc advice to any individual member of Carleton university on matters coming within our mandate.
Case Intake and Resolution
Although there are case resolution implications for all 3 Centres of Focus, this service is primarily delivered in the context of Sexual Violence Prevention and Survivor Support and Harassment, Discrimination and Accommodation Response.
EIC commits to reporting on its own and other institutional activities to the Carleton community with the goal of marking progress against planning objectives.