Call our office at 613-520-6674, or if you live in Residence call 613-520-2600 ext. 8061, to speak with and set up your file with our Patient Care Coordinator, who will then send you an intake form to be complete before your call with our Intake Counsellor.

Daytime Crisis 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday
If you are experiencing a personal crisis and need immediate support, contact Health and Counselling Services (HCS).  If it is an emergency and you are unable to reach anyone call:

  • Crisis Line (613) 722-6914
  • Distress Centre of Ottawa  (613) 238-3311
  • Campus Safety Office (613) 520-4444

After Hours Crisis
If you are experiencing a personal crisis and it is after office hours, there is 24-hour crisis counselling support available through community agencies. If you are living in residence, talk to your Residence Fellow or Residence Manager. You may also contact Carleton University’s Campus Safety Office at (613) 520-4444 for support in connecting to crisis services.

Local Hospital Emergency Rooms

Ottawa Hospital – General Campus
501 Smyth Road, Ottawa
(613) 722-7000
Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
(must be 18 years of age or younger)
401 Smyth Road, Ottawa
(613) 737-2328
Ottawa Hospital – Civic Campus
1053 Carling Ave, Ottawa
(613) 722-7000