Residents of Ontario
Please remember to carry your OHIP card at all times! If you do not have one, application for coverage must be made at the Government Service Centre located at Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave. W. , Main Level. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.

Residents of Other Provinces/Territories
Be sure to check that your health insurance is active and carry documentation at all times. The charges for your visits are billed directly to your home province.

International Students
The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is compulsory upon registration. For further information, contact the International Student Services Office at (613) 520-6600 or visit the UHIP website.

Non-Insured Students
The University may withhold final grades of those students with outstanding accounts. You will be billed directly for services rendered, if you do not have insurance coverage.

CUSA Drug Plan for undergraduate students
Your student association offers a plan for extended health and dental benefits such as 80% coverage on prescription drugs. For more information go to

GSA Drug Plan for graduate students go to