March 18, 2020 – Message to UHIP members from Sun Life
You can be confident that your UHIP is unchanged. The coverage you had before COVID-19 is the same coverage you have today. UHIP covers eligible medically necessary health services and medical treatments. This includes physician and hospital services and diagnostic lab testing. The plan details section of the UHIP website shows the eligible services and the UHIP reimbursement rates.
· If you are having any severe symptoms or are having trouble breathing, call 911 now and advise them of your symptoms and any travel history.
· If you have mild symptoms and think you may have the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19), or have been in close contact with someone who has it:
o you can use this self-assessment tool to help find out if you need to seek further care or get tested for COVID-19. French self-assessment tool
o Some University Campus Clinics and health care providers are giving telephone assessments. Don’t show up at a health care provider without first calling them.
o Check the Sun Life Preferred Provider Site for a preferred provider close to you. Sun Life Preferred Provider Site connects you to a provider that bills Sun Life directly at UHIP rates. Going outside of the preferred provider network may result in out of pocket expenses. If you receive a doctor’s bill, please keep all receipts, complete a claim form, and mail it to Sun Life.
Anyone with symptoms (fever, cough, sneezing or sore throat) should stay home from work and/or school for 14 days, and avoid going out in public where possible.
Keep checking our University website and The Ministry of Health website for more information and updates on the current situation.
What is UHIP?
The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is a mandatory health plan for all international and/or non-residents studying or working at Carleton University.
UHIP applies to:
- international students (including exchange);
- registered students with domestic status/paying domestic fees who are not yet eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP);
- international employees working in Ontario who cannot get OHIP;
- family members (spouse and/or children) of international students and employees who are not eligible for OHIP;
- Canadian employees or other individuals who are satisfying the OHIP waiting period, and
- short-term visitors (international visiting researchers, visiting students, new employees, Post Docs)
The UHIP plan provides coverage comparable to the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) for Ontario residents. It provides insurance to pay the cost of doctor/hospital medical services* that students or employees and their dependents might need.
*Some limitations apply.
How to get your UHIP Health card
Sun Life Financial (the insurance company) will email your UHIP health card to your Carleton University email account. Print off your health card and carry with you at all times as you will need to show it to the doctor/hospital. Please be sure to keep the email. If you lose/misplace your card, you can print off another one.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
For more detailed information about UHIP coverage, eligibility, premiums, etc.:
You may also contact your UHIP administrator by ISSO email or phone +1 (613) 520-6600.