The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is a mandatory health insurance plan for all international and/or non-residents (and their dependents) studying or working at Carleton University.
UHIP for Students
Enrollment in UHIP is mandatory for the following groups of students at Carleton:
- international students enrolled in classes and physically in Canada
- registered students with domestic status/paying domestic fees who are not yet eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- Students with diplomatic status who do not have medical health coverage with their Embassy
- Note: if you have OHIP (Ontario provincial insurance – green card), RAMQ (Quebec insurance), other provincial insurance or have coverage with your Embassy (diplomatic status), then UHIP is not required. Scan proof to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and to have the UHIP fee removed from your student account.
UHIP for Staff/Faculty
Enrollment in UHIP is mandatory for all international short-term university visitors and employees who are here for a period of two weeks or more. Enrollment is optional for stays less than two weeks. Short-term visitors include, but are not limited to:
- visiting researchers
- visiting scholars
- visiting professors
- post-doctoral students
- new employees
For more detailed information about UHIP coverage, eligibility, premiums and more, explore the following resources:
- UHIP Website
- Customer Care Line +1-888-509-7797
- Ottawa Area 613-741-3313
For more information, you may also contact the Carleton UHIP Administrator at email@example.com