If you have questions about a particular topic, please use this page to assist in your navigation of our website to find the answers.
Prospective Students Who Wish to Study at Carleton
- How do I apply as an international student?
- I wish to do an exchange at Carleton. Does my school have an exchange agreement with Carleton?
- My school has an exchange agreement with Carleton. How to apply as an Exchange student?
- My school does not have an exchange agreement with Carleton. How do I apply as a Study Abroad student?
Incoming Students: Pre-arrival and Arrival Information
- What do I need to do before I arrive?
- See also Pre-Arrival Videos
- What orientation programs should I register for?
- Is there an airport pick-up service?
- What is the ISSO Peer Mentoring program and how do I sign up?
- I have young children and I would like to know if Carleton has a daycare service; how can I find more information?
- My children will accompany me to Canada, will they have to pay tuition to attend school?
- Effective September 2005, the children of international students are not required to pay tuition within the public school system. For more information on requirements you can contact the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.
Services for Current Students
- What is UHIP and what does it cover?
- Where can I find the answers to general immigration questions?
- Are there scholarships available for international students?
- How do I set up an appointment for confidential counselling?
- How can I be connected with upper-year students?
- Why should I go on exchange?
- Where can I go on exchange?
- How can I apply?
- What are some stories from students who have gone on exchange?
- What do I need to do before I depart for exchange?
- What scholarships are available for outgoing exchange students?
Opportunities to Go Abroad
- I am interested in traveling and participating in a program abroad as a part of my university experience. What can I do?
- Do a semester or year-long exchange
- Participate in an International Summer Language Program
- Study at Queen’s International Study Centre in England
- Intern through the Washington Centre Exchange Program
- Join a group of Carleton students for The China Study Tour through The Confucius Institute
- Participate in Alternative Spring Break through the Student Experience Office
- Apply for a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
- What are some travel tips?
Cultural Events and Programs
- What is International Education Week? When is it?
- What is the Thanksgiving Program and how can I participate?
- What happens during International Development Week?
Information for Faculty/Staff
Work and Volunteer Opportunities at the ISSO
- I am interested in getting involved in the ISSO. Are there any work or volunteer opportunities available?
If you have a question and cannot find the answer on our website, please feel free to drop by the ISSO, call, or e-mail us (more information on our Contact Us page).