Proposing a Student Exchange Agreement
An exchange agreement is the reciprocal exchange of students for the purpose of earning credit towards a degree. Departments and faculties may request a new exchange agreement with an international partner to facilitate the international exchange of students and ideas. Please note that the International Student Services Office only administers student exchange agreements. MOUs involving faculty exchange or research collaborations are coordinated separately by the Office of the Vice-President (Research and International). Contact information for that office can be found below.
- Check the list of current student exchange agreements by visiting our Partner Universities page.
- If a student exchange agreement is in place with the institution, contact the Exchange Program Coordinator or International Partnership Coordinator for more information.
- If there is no exchange agreement in place, request a new reciprocal exchange agreement by completing the Proposal Form for a Student Exchange Agreement.
- If you are a Carleton faculty/staff member: Obtain a signature from the appropriate dean before submitting the request. Departmental agreements require a signature from a chair in addition to the dean.
- Submit letters of endorsement if the program has support from additional faculties or departments at Carleton University.
- Submit the form and supplemental documents to International Partnership Coordinator in the ISSO:
International Partnership Coordinator
International Student Services Office (128 University Centre)
+1 (613) 520-6600
Sample formats for the general and program agreements are available upon request.
Other Collaboration Agreements
|Carlos Vargas Pedroza, International Outreach Manager
509D Tory Building
email@example.com, +1 (613) 520-2600 ext. 2628
|Ali Arya, Associate Dean, Planning
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs
512 Tory Building
firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 (613) 520-2600 ext. 4184