“Every child is a new chance for the whole human race.” Hon. Landon Pearson, O.C.
Please explore the site and check back regularly for updates.
Instagram: @Landonpearsoncentre Twitter: @LPearsonCentre Facebook: @Landonpearsoncentre
Landon Introduces Children’s Entertainer Raffi
at the National Arts Centre, September 28, 2019!
*CALL FOR PAPERS
Canadian Journal of Children’s Rights/ Revue canadienne des droits des enfants 2020 Issue: Children’s Rights and Education: Respecting Children’s Rights at School. For more information, please go to Journal site at ojs.library.carleton.ca/index.php/cjcr
International Foster Care Organization 2020 Call for Abstracts and Registration. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ChyDVr_VrK-8KR_uRa9-Kz0vaIZvZ3bK?usp=sharing.
- Read Sandrine Murray’s blog post on the International Year of the Child +40 Event http://aidhistory.ca/the-international-year-of-the-child-celebrates-40-years/ [Cross-posted with the Canadian Network on Humanitarian History (CNHH)]
3. CRAN Celebrates 10th Anniversary!
The CHILD RIGHTS ACADEMIC NETWORK (CRAN) met on February 8-9, 2019 to discuss this year’s theme: Children’s rights and discrimination. Click on the CRAN link for more information.
- Information on: Discontinuation of the Office of the Child and Youth Advocate of Ontario
- Canadian Journal of Children’s Rights Vol. 5, No. 1 (2018): CHILDREN’S RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTS: Available here:
- Chief Commissioner, Canadian Human Rights Commission Keynote address at the Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children’s Raise the Bar event, November 21, 2018. Available here
- New report: “What Makes Shaking the Movers Unique?” Available here
- Gerison Lansdown receives Carleton University Honorary Doctorate at June, 2018 Convocation. Info here
- Child Rights Academic Network (CRAN) annual meeting takes place February 14=15, 2020.
Oct, 22, 2019 . Film Screening: “Our Journey: An Interdisciplinary Conversation with Women and Girls with Disabilities across Borders”. Our Journey
4:30 PM — 7:30 PM