“Every child is a new chance for the whole human race.” Hon. Landon Pearson, O.C.
Please explore the site and check back regularly for updates.
Instagram: @Landonpearsoncentre Twitter: @LPearsonCentre Facebook: @Landonpearsoncentre
Landon Pearson welcomes Senator Rosemary Moodie in the Centre February 18, 2020
CRAN 2020 held February 14-15. See Gallery for photos!
NEXT EVENT: World Summit for Children +30
May 13, 2020
Richcraft Hall Atrium. Program to follow
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 20: CANADIAN JOURNAL OF CHILDREN’S RIGHTS/Revue canadienne des droits des enfants 2020 CFP:
Children’s Rights and Education: Respecting Children’s Rights at School. For more information, please go to Journal site at ojs.library.carleton.ca/index.php/cjcr
International Foster Care Organization 2020 Call for Abstracts and Registration. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ChyDVr_VrK-8KR_uRa9-Kz0vaIZvZ3bK?usp=sharing.
Families Canada produces “Children’s Rights in Canada” video in collaboration with Landon Pearson Centre
English video available here
French video available here.
Tip Sheet available here
2019 National Child Day Event
Landon Pearson Introduces Children’s Entertainer Raffi
at the National Arts Centre, September 28, 2019!
- Read Sandrine Murray’s blog post on the International Year of the Child +40 Event http://aidhistory.ca/the-international-year-of-the-child-celebrates-40-years/ [Cross-posted with the Canadian Network on Humanitarian History (CNHH)]
3. CRAN Celebrates 10th Anniversary!
The CHILD RIGHTS ACADEMIC NETWORK (CRAN) met on February 8-9, 2019 to discuss this year’s theme: Children’s rights and discrimination. Click on the CRAN link for more information.
- Information on: Discontinuation of the Office of the Child and Youth Advocate of Ontario
- Canadian Journal of Children’s Rights Vol. 5, No. 1 (2018): CHILDREN’S RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTS: Available here:
- Chief Commissioner, Canadian Human Rights Commission Keynote address at the Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children’s Raise the Bar event, November 21, 2018. Available here
- New report: “What Makes Shaking the Movers Unique?” Available here
- Gerison Lansdown receives Carleton University Honorary Doctorate at June, 2018 Convocation. Info here
- Child Rights Academic Network (CRAN) annual meeting takes place February 14=15, 2020.