Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Take Control of Your Workday – Part 2: Boosting Your Productivity Using Microsoft® Outlook®
November 9, 2023 at 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Audience:||Staff and Faculty|
|Key Contact:||Cheryl Beaupre|
*Note: This workshop focuses on Microsoft Outlook for Windows
In today’s busy world it is a constant challenge to keep up with your goals and commitments. Many people often feel as though they cannot find enough time to get everything done. Although we can’t give you more hours in the day, we can help you manage your activities and your schedule.
Attend this workshop if you wish to use Microsoft® Outlook® as a time management tool and create a personalized system that ensures your activities are linked and properly prioritized to meet your goals and objectives.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Set and keep track of goals/objectives/priorities
- Distinguish between processing e-mail and taking action on tasks
- Use FITS DRAG© method to process your e-mails:
- D – Delay
- R – Reply
- A – Assign
- G – Garbage
- Integrate e-mails into task pad & calendar
- Decide what belongs on the calendar and what belongs on the task pad
- Use labels or categories to assign colour formatting to your task pad & calendar
- Use One Note / MS Planner tools to help you get organized and stay organized
Registration is available through Carleton Central. Under the Employee Services tab, click on Learning and Professional Development, then select Workshop Registration followed by All Workshops.
When registered you will receive a calendar invitation with the Microsoft Teams link and workshop material.