What is safeTALK?
SafeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations to talk about suicide and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.