What is safeTALK?
SafeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations to talk about suicide and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.
What is LivingWorks Start?
In LivingWorks Start, a fully online 60-90 minute module, you’ll learn a powerful four-step model to keep someone safe from suicide, and you’ll have a chance to practice it with impactful simulations. Participants will be able to recognize when someone has thoughts of suicide and take action to connect them to an intervention provider.
Learning Goals & Objectives
By participating in LivingWorks Start, students will be able to effectively:
- tune-in to signs that might be about suicide
- ask about suicide clearly, calmly and directly
- state that suicide is serious
- connect a person with thoughts of suicide to life-saving help
Register for SafeTALK Training!
Students interested in completing SafeTALK training must fill out an application using the form below. Please note at this time we are only offering SafeTALK training.
For faculty, departmental or group inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.