Laboratory Health & Safety (and HSB swipe card access)
- For extensive information on Laboratory Health and Safety please visit the Environmental Health and Safety website.
- Card swipe access to the HSB building and lab can be obtained after mandatory training has been completed. Please email the Departmental Administrator for further instruction.
- Department of Neuroscience’s Work Alone Policy
- Human research within the Department of Neuroscience undergoes ethical approval and monitoring by the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee
- Information about Animal Ethics is available here.
- 2308 Health Sciences Building is available for use by members of the Department of Neuroscience and Department of Health Sciences. Priorities in order include: scheduled classes, thesis and comprehensive meetings, administrative meetings, laboratory meetings etc. You may email the Departmental Administrator of the respective department to request use of the room.
- For other room booking requests, please contact the Departmental Administrator with as much notice as possible, and detailed information on room requirements.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement
- Submit your claims to the Departmental Administrator and include the following completed documentation:
In the case of Uber/Lyft receipts, please provide the receipts you received to your email, which include the HST breakdown and your full name and payment method.
- The University has standing order contracts with various suppliers in and outside the Ottawa area. You can see approved vendors in the E-Shop system or visit Purchasing Services’ website for details.
Orders for Drugs, Chemicals
- Faculty, staff and students who place orders for drugs and chemicals are asked to ensure that the supplier clearly indicates on the outside of the package what the order is for. Items delivered through the regular mail system will be retrieved by the Departmental Administrator, who will notify the recipient.
- A faculty member must sign all orders for drugs and chemicals. All narcotics and prescription veterinary drug orders need the signature of the Consulting Veterinarian. It is the responsibility of faculty supervisors to discuss the safe handling of such items with their laboratory technicians and students.
- Contract Instructor Handbook
- Instructor Guide to Academic Integrity
- Teaching Assistant Handbook
- Intellectual Property Agreement – completion of this form is determined by each individual supervisor
- Canadian Association for Neuroscience
The leading Canadian society for neuroscience students and researchers.
- CIHR Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction (INMHA)
A virtual Canadian Institute that supports research on the functioning and disorders of the brain, the spinal cord, the sensory and motor systems, and the mind.
Listing of the best online Neuroscience resources.
- Brain Facts
Free introductory textbook designed for K-12 educators and students, brought to you by the Society for Neuroscience.