Services we offer include:
- Learning Outcomes workshops
- Curriculum mapping workshops
- Inclusive assessment workshops
- Presentations for departmental meetings
- Assessment plan creation consultations
- Survey design
- Focus group design and facilitation
- Other meeting facilitation as required
Contact the Program Assessment Specialist assigned to your faculty to get more information and support. Our job is to help you!
- For examples of Assessment Plans, contact your Program Assessment Specialist.
- Assessment Techniques (Tufts)
- Flourishing Assessment by Dr. Vanderweele, director of Harvard University’s Human Flourishing program
- Effective Culturally-Inclusive Assessment of Student Learning & Academic Performance DO – 10.13140/RG.2.1.4115.5281
The purpose of this book is to equip instructors with skills for improving the quality, validity, and equity of assessing student learning. The principles and strategies cited should also improve the quality of teaching and promote the academic achievement of students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Giving Effective Feedback (Imperial College London)
- Assessing Group Projects (Centre for Teaching and Learning, University of Alberta)
- Assessing Group Work (Tufts)
- Methods for Assessing Group Work (Centre for Teaching Excellence, University of Waterloo)
- Designing Peer Feedback (Teaching@Tufts)
- Frame Your Feedback: Making Peer Review work in Class (Faculty Focus)
- Self-Evaluation of Individual Contributions During Discussion (Teaching@Tufts)
- Inclusive Participation Assessment Rubric (Tufts)
- Student Self-Assessment Making Standards Come Alive (ASCD)
- Critical Reflection (University of Waterloo)
Additional Links and Resources
- Bloom’s Taxonomy Cognitive Domain graphics
- Bloom’s Taxonomy Guide (Vanderbilt University)
- Table with Key Questions and Demonstration Verbs (image download)
- Bloom’s Hierarchy of Learning (Carleton University Teaching and Learning Services)
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Assessment
For a primer on EDI, the following resources give a clear and concise overview.