Welcome to Ad Hoc Room Bookings
Thank you for visiting SES’ page on ad hoc room bookings. This page has been set up to assist both instructors and departmental staff in easily and quickly using the Enterprise Portal to access the information you need, and submit booking requests. Click on a subject heading below to be taken directly to where you need to go!
Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On this page:
Ad hoc requests must go through the Enterprise Portal. You can use this tool to track requests, see room availability, and to request available rooms. Before submitting a booking request, please take a few minutes to read through the university’s Ad Hoc Priorities document and its Booking Policy.
Due to the very high utilization of classrooms for academic courses, there is limited availability for ad hoc bookings. We encourage you to explore other booking options on the Portal.
Please take note of the following:
- If you are hosting an event for which you would like to book public space within a building, you must contact the relevant Building Authority.
- Space reservations do NOT include media equipment access. To reserve any media equipment, please contact Instructional Media Services. For more information on available technology in each classroom, visit IMS’ handy web interface.
- If your event requires other services, such as furniture set up, cleaning, catering, or other types of event support, you should submit your booking through Conference Services.
- Information Carleton books Galleria space during the fall/winter academic terms. Conference Services books this area May 01 – August 31st annually. For more Information on Booking the Galleria, click here.
- External clients to the University, as well as anyone wishing to use Fenn Lounge and Multipurpose Space can book via Conference Services.
For further information, please email us.
Enterprise is a central space booking system. It allows for the management of space and is a central repository for information about space utilization. Bookings created through the system are reflected on the Enterprise Portal. Users can request bookable classrooms and rooms from other departments by using the Portal.
Departmental staff making use of the Web Scheduler interface may find more information regarding that on our Web Scheduler 2015 page.
For more information regarding FMP’s space availability, please visit their Space Management database.
For departmental staff requiring Enterprise Portal documentation:
How to View Rooms and Schedules on the Portal
How to Approve Portal Requests (for those that own space)
Creating Bookings Using the Calendar Method
Enterprise 2012 Client Documentation Manual
Enterprise Training March 2013