- What is a Social Media Ambassador?
- What are my Responsibilities?
- Am I Qualified?
- What are the Benefits?
Are you a social media savvy student that loves creating content? Are you looking for hands-on experience working with a specialised communications team and building your resume?
The Carleton University Social Media Ambassador program is an exciting and unique opportunity for students to gain professional social media experience before graduating. Ambassadors will report to the Manager, Digital Communications in the Department of University Communications. Ambassadors will work within a team to create and curate engaging, informative and relevant content to increase awareness and the reputation of Carleton University on social media.
Social Media Ambassadors are current students who are passionate about Carleton University and want to show an authentic glimpse of the Carleton University experience, created by students for future students. You will help expand the university’s reach, recruit new students, and build Carleton University’s reputation and brand in significant and creative ways.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and provide creative, relevant ideas for multiple social media platforms, including Instagram, Tik Tok, and Twitter.
- Keep a pulse on campus activities and opportunities for social media.
- Complete assigned projects and take a hands-on role in creating content, such as writing captions, taking photos, and filming short videos.
- Uphold brand guidelines and be an ambassador for Carleton University.
- Dedicate 2-5 hours a week on content creation. Some assignments may involve attendance at university events and may occur in the evening or on weekends.
- You must be a current student enrolled at Carleton University.
- Maintain on one or more personal social media platforms with an active following.
- Maintain professional behaviour and language wile posting about or on university accounts.
- Experienced in digital content creation, including shooting and editing video.
- Involved with campus life and enthusiastic about sharing Carleton University facts and pride.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Have a strong worth ethic (dependable, organized, team player, willingness to learn).
- Term honorarium ($500) upon completion.
- Résumé building experience to share with potential employers.
- Increase connections with people in the Carleton University network.
- Hands on experience with content creation and social media strategy in a professional capacity.
- Free Carleton University swag, tickets, and access to events.
- A letter of recommendation from the Department of University Communications staff (upon successful completion with positive performance).