Newsletters and emails are a great way to share announcements, important information and keep your audience up to date with what is going on in your department. Our goal is to make this entire process easier for you, from newsletter creation to distribution.
What makes a good email marketing service?
Email marketing software provides the platform for you to create and deliver effective newsletters and emails. For the past several months, Web Services has been looking into a replacement for our current service provider.
We started the process by engaging with our clients to find out what you need in an email marketing tool. To do this, we held a focus group (pre-covid so we got to do it in person!) and we received lots of great input.
What an ideal system would look like
We took what we learned from you and created a wish list:
- Ability to manage lists efficiently in one place (subscribes/unsubscribes, multiple lists, segmentation)
- Newsletter templates that reflect quality of content and are Carleton branded
- Analytics and reports to track the effectives of newsletters and emails
- Simple, modern interface making it easy and intuitive to use
- Thorough documentation and support
- Ability to schedule emails
- Ability to preview what an email will look like on other devices
- Integrates with our websites
With the help of some avid email senders here at Carleton, we have been busy talking to a number of email marketing companies. We have been researching, asking questions and watching demos of how their various platforms work.
We are happy to say that we have narrowed it down to a contender we think meets the needs of our clients and checks off most all of the wish list items! We think you will love this new emailing tool and all of its capabilities.
There are still some things to iron out and processes to follow to make sure this is the best solution for Carleton. But we wanted to let you know that it’s coming! We are excited and look forward to sharing details in the coming weeks.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter and keep an eye on our website for announcements!