Carleton University has exchange agreements with other Universities all over the world. For more information on Universities that have exchange agreements with Carleton, please contact International Student Services Office.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the steps you need to take to ensure a smooth transfer of credit. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.


If you are thinking of participating in an academic exchange abroad, but still have questions, please visit our FAQs page for a list of common questions and answers.

For a list of contacts by exchange university or academic department, please consult the contact lists below:

Exchange Course Equivalencies

The Registrar’s Office maintains a database that includes all courses from our international exchange partners that have been assessed to date.

Simply choose the university from the pull-down menu to view courses that have been previously evaluated for equivalency here at Carleton.

Exchange Course Equivalencies Database

Submitting Courses for Evaluation

Students accepted to participate in an International Exchange must submit information for every course in which they plan to register.

For courses in your major and minor subjects:

  • Complete the Exchange Approval for Courses in your Major/Minor form(s) with a Departmental Adviser, identifying the Carleton equivalent and where the course will fit in your program. Your Adviser should sign the form before it is returned to the Registrar’s Office.
  • Enter the course number (if applicable) of each course from the host university, the course title (in the language it is offered and the course title translated to English).
  • Indicate which term these courses are offered if you have that information at the time of application.
  • Enclose a copy of each course description in the language it is offered as well as an English translation. Indicate below who translated the course description into English (e.g. myself, GOOGLE translator, etc.)

The following exchange forms are only for students currently on exchange for the 2015-16 terms. Exchange students for the 2016-17 academic year were provided with further instruction at the Pre-Departure Orientation Sessions.

Exchange Approval for Courses in your Major form
Exchange Approval for Courses in your Minor form

Exchange Approval Requests for Elective Courses are to be submitted online. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for instructions.