Provincial Government Student Aid Programs

As a student from outside Ontario, you may be eligible for loans and bursaries through your home province or territory. “Home” province or territory is usually defined as the province in which your parents currently reside, or, if you are an independent applicant, the province in which you have most recently lived and worked for 12 consecutive months (excluding residence for full-time attendance at a post-secondary institution). Use the links below to find out more about Government assistance in your home province.

Requesting a Payment Deferral

If you will be receiving funding from a Provincial Student Aid Program and you intend to complete your fee payment with these funds, you may be eligible to defer payment of your Fall /Winter  fees without incurring the Late Payment Charge. You must contact the Awards Office  to request a payment deferral before the end of August payment deadline to avoid the Late Payment Charge.

An important note for students from Quebec studying at Carleton University

To qualify for the Quebec Loans and Bursaries program, you must be enrolled in a degree program and enrolled in at least 2.0 credits per term to be considered a full-time student.