Getting comfortable with a new LMS takes time and perseverance. Learning new technology is partly about exploring the tool for yourself and partly about getting some basic training of the interface. Teaching and Learning Services is here to help!
TLS has a range of training opportunities for the Carleton community to increase confidence, comfort and knowledge of Brightspace. Check the TLS events page regularly.
Brightspace Training opportunities
- Synchronous workshops: Visit the TLS Events page to register for a Brightspace training session hosted in Zoom by TLS support staff.
- Asynchronous Carleton-specific Video training: Visit the TLS Brightspace Mediaspace Channel for recordings of past Brightspace training sessions and for short video overviews, like the Instructor tour and the Student tour of Brightspace.
- D2L Brightspace asynchronous training for Contract Instructors: Carleton University is providing paid Brightspace training for contract instructors. Upon completion, participants will be paid a one time sum of $120 which will be paid three times a year. For more information please visit the D2L Contract Instructor training page.
- Asynchronous Brightspace Basics Online course: Learn at your own pace by self-enrolling in Brightspace Basics Online, a self-guided course including video tutorials, step-by-step instructions, and suggested activities.
- Brightspace Basics Workshop: looking for a beginner workshop, but can’t attend the scheduled times? Review the Brightspace Basics workshop recording
- Self-directed learning using text-based instructions with screen shots: Visit the Instructor Support Site for Brightspace documentation.
- One-on-one course consultations with TLS staff: Submit a request using our Course Consultation Request Form.
To continue your exploration of Brightspace or to connect with users from across the world, create an account on the Brightspace Community site. On the Brightspace Community website, sign-up for live webinars or Q&As; head to the Learning Centre to watch video playlists and tutorials; or read through the Discussion Boards to see what other institutions are talking about.
Teaching and Learning Services Contact Information
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30
- Educational technology support – Visit the TLS Support Portal to enter a tech support request, or fill out the course consultation request form
- Course design or pedagogical support – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
D2L Brightspace Technical Support Contact Information
- Available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- EMAIL: Fill out the Email Support Request Form
- PHONE: 1-877-325-7778