We support instructors with selecting, implementing and using a number of educational technology tools. These tools can be used to encourage engagement, enrich the classroom experience and provide students with additional support and resources. There are many benefits to using Carleton’s licensed educational technology tools, including:
- Technical support is available for ed tech setup and use
- Training is regularly available
- Advanced features are often included with the provisioned accounts
- TLS staff have system access to investigate and troubleshoot difficulties you may encounter
- Students are likely to know how to use the tools already (reducing their cognitive load)
- Supported tools are integrated into the learning management system for a more seamless experience
- Privacy and security impact assessments have been completed and meet with provincial/federal regulations
- Licensed tools have met accessibility regulations (AODA standards)
Supported Educational Technology
Where to get help
Connect with us for training and support. We’re happy to help you find the right tool for your course.
- Request a one-on-one course consultation
- Attend a training workshop
- Create a support request at the TLS Support Portal
Support for Teams, MyCarleton1(MC1) login issues, VPN or account problems is provided by the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com or by calling 613-520-3700. The service desk also provides student technical support, including account and educational technology application support.
Support for on-campus office computers should be directed to departmental or Faculty IT support staff.
General Contact and Hours of Operation
Please note, support is currently being offered online only until further notice.
Main Office Location: 410 Dunton Tower
Fall 2021 Hours: Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and weekends in September from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Email: TLS Support Portal