- Scantron Processing
- Alternative Assessment Methods
- Uploading Grades to Brightspace
- Scantron Resources and FAQ
- Item Analysis
- Scantron Instructions for Students
Paper-based multiple-choice Scantron services (scanning and processing) are available to instructors teaching at Carleton where students are writing their assessment on campus. This includes online or HyFlex courses where students are required to write their tests and midterms on campus and who are supported by Scheduling and Exam Services In-Person Exam Administration for Online and HyFlex courses.
- Scantron drop off and pick up is available at 410 Dunton Tower from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Note: TLS does not have a drop-box and will not accept Scantrons via interoffice mail.
- Scantron results will be provided within three business days.
- To expedite the drop-off process, please sure you have completed the Scantron Scanning Request Form with an accurate count of the number of Scantrons you are submitting. Ensure the Scantrons are stacked face up with the timing tracks on the left-hand side and completed answer key(s) on top.
- We have updated our Scanning Request Form to align with Carleton’s change to Brightspace.
Note: The Scantron Scanning Request form cannot be submitted electronically. A hard copy of the form must be submitted along with the Answer Key and student Scantrons. For more information about Scantron submission and processing see the Scantron resources below.
We have a number of resources and guides to support different types of assessment, including using online platforms to deliver assessment and guidance around developing authentic assessments. We are also available for individual consultations about your assessments. Please submit a course consultation request and we will be in touch.
For detailed information on uploading Scantron grades to Brightspace, please visit our Brightspace support page.
Item analysis refers to a statistical technique that helps instructors identify the effectiveness of their test items and plays an important role in contributing to the fairness of the test. Please read our Scantron Item Analysis document for more information.
Please have your students fill out their Scantron sheets using the steps outlined in this document.