- Scantron Processing
- Uploading grades to Brightspace
- Scantron resources and FAQ
- Item analysis
- Scantron instructions for students
Paper based multiple-choice Scantron services (scanning and processing) are only available to those instructors teaching face-to-face courses with the delivery method of:
- In person with alternatives for online students
- In person: departmental permission
- In person: not suitable for online students
Scantron services will not be available to instructors teaching courses with the delivery method of:
- Online synchronous
- Online asynchronous
- Online blended
Assessments for courses delivered in these formats must be completed online (as indicated by the Provost’s Office).
- Scantron drop off and pick up is available at 410 Dunton Tower from Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Scantron results will be provided within three business days.
- We have updated our Scanning Request Form to align with Carleton’s change to Brightspace.
If you are teaching online, please visit our Teaching, Learning and Pedagogy page for information about other methods of assessment. You can also complete a Course Consultation Request to discuss assessment strategies with a member of our team.
For detailed information on uploading Scantron grades to Brightspace, please visit our Brightspace support page.
Item analysis refers to a statistical technique that helps instructors identify the effectiveness of their test items and plays an important role in contributing to the fairness of the test. Please read our Scantron Item Analysis document for more information.
Please have your students fill out their Scantron sheets using the steps outlined in this document.