If you are experiencing an issue with recording, uploading or viewing videos, we recommend that you check the status of all Kaltura’s tools to see if it is an issue with the application and not something local instead. If all of the services are listed as operational, please try the links below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help to resolve your issue.
- Why Won’t my Video Play?
- I am experiencing issues recording or uploading my videos?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Adding video to your course has never been easier.
Carleton uses Kaltura – a cloud-based video management system – for recording, storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other media. The system integrates with cuLearn and Brightspace, allowing anyone with a Carleton account to create, upload, and share multimedia content with ease. Ideal for any class structure, Kaltura expands the reach and impact of traditional, web-enhanced, hybrid, flipped, and fully online courses.
The Kaltura system includes the following components:
- MediaSpace: Your media gallery where all of your recordings or uploaded videos live.
- Personal Capture: A screen recording app that you can use on any computer you own (Mac and PC).
- Lecture Capture: A screen recording app already installed on every classroom computer.
- KMS GO: A screen recording app that you can use on your Mobile Device (Android and iOS).
- Browser Recorder: A webcam and audio recorder that you can use within your browser (Chrome or Firefox).