- Export Grades
- Prepare your file for import
- Import Grades
You can enter grades into a spreadsheet and import them into D2L Brightspace using a .csv, .tsv or .txt file. You can also create new grade items through an import file by adding a column to the file. Any grades you import for discussion grade items and assignment grade items are also synchronized back to Discussions and Assignments. To view an example of a .csv file that is ready for importing, see the Sample Import File.
- Only Numeric, Pass/Fail, Selectbox, and Text grade items, and the Final Adjusted Grade can be imported.
- The import file must follow a standard format. See D2L’s File Format for Importing Grades for more information.
Prepare your file for import
- Save your Excel workbook (e.g. your .xlsx file) as a .csv file by clicking File > Save As.
- Select the file format extension .csv, then click Save.
|NOTE: If you are exporting and importing grades across course pages for a full-credit course, there are various settings that may need to be adjusted depending on how your gradebooks are set up. Please contact TLS to request a consultation.
- Log in to Brightspace using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On the Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on the course tile under the My Courses widget.
- Click the Course Selector Grid and select the course from the drop-down menu. If you are enrolled in more than 20 courses, you can search for the course name using the search bar.
- In the navbar, click Progress.
- In the drop-down menu, select Grades.
- Click the Enter grades tab.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose file.
- Select the .csv file you want to import, then click Open.
|TIP: You can opt to select the Item Creation checkbox if you would like to create a new grade item when an unrecognized item is found in your file.
- Click Continue.You will see a Processing… message while your file is loading.
- You will see a page displaying any errors and warnings that were found. Click Continue.
- You will see a preview of the new grades for each student. Click Import.
You will see an “Imported Successfully” message and your imported grades will appear under the Enter Grades tab of your gradebook.
Was this page helpful?
5 people found this useful
Still need help? Contact us