The Manage Files tool organizes all of the files you have uploaded into your course. Updating a file using the Manage Files tool (rather than replacing the file directly on your content page) will keep any content links to the file up to date.
For example, if you have your course outline uploaded in the Course Details section and also have it linked in the first module of your course, you can replace the file in Manage Files to have it update on the Course Details page and in the content link.
Updating a file in Manage Files
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On your Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on your course under My Courses.
- Click the Course selector grid , then search for your course name or select your course from the drop-down menu.
- Click Course Admin in the navbar.
- Click Manage Files.
- Click Upload and select the updated file from your computer. The updated file must have the same name as the original file that was uploaded to Brightspace.
TIP: Check the name of the original file by finding it on the Manage Files page.
- Click Save.
- Select the original file you are looking to update from the pop-up table.
- Click Overwrite.
WARNING: By clicking Overwrite you are deleting the original version of the file from Brightspace. Ensure that you have a backup of the original saved elsewhere in case you need to refer back to it.
- Click on Content in the navbar to return to the course content page.
The file and any links to it will now open the updated version.
Related Support Topics
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.