- Set Up Survey Reports
- View Survey Reports
- Export Survey Reports
Survey data can be analyzed in D2L Brightspace by creating a survey report. For instructions on creating a survey, see the Creating Surveys page.
Survey reports can be used to:
- Collect survey statistics
- Share survey data with other course participants
- Export survey statistics and reports to a file for further analysis
Set Up Survey Reports
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On the Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on the course tile under the My Courses widget.
- Click the Course Selector Grid and select the course from the drop-down menu. If you are enrolled in more than 20 courses, you can search for the course name using the search bar.
- In the navbar, click Tools.
- In the drop-down menu, select Surveys.
- Click the name of the survey you want to create a report for.
- Click the Reports Setup tab.
- Click the Add Report button.
- On the Add Report page, enter the following:
- Enter a Report Name.
- Select one of the following Report Types:
- Summary Report (default) – You can display aggregate data for multiple choice, true and false, Likert, multi-select, and matching question types. You can also display text responses for written response, short answer, and fill in the blanks question types.
- Individual Attempts – This report displays each attempt individually. You can choose to hide the user’s first and last name when the Individual Attempts report is viewed.
- Set a Release Date (optional). The default is for the report to be released immediately.
- Under Release Report to, select the roles that you want to release the report to (i.e. Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Learner). If no roles are selected, the report will not be available to anyone in the course, including Instructors.
You will now see your report listed under the “Reports Setup tab
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.
Still need help? Contact us