- Add a Video Note
- Reuse a Video Note
- Video Note Automatic Captioning
Video Notes are useful if you wish to add personalized interaction in your course. It is a simple and easy way to record quick videos using your computer’s webcam. Video notes can be used to provide feedback and give instructions to students in different parts of the course. Video notes can be added in HTML text editors, which are found in course activities such as announcements, course details, modules and sub-modules‘ descriptions, pages, discussions and assignment instructions.
|NOTE: Video notes last up to six months and then are automatically removed from t. They are not saved in your MediaSpace. Therefore, it is not recommended for the recording of lectures, and should be used more for things happening in the current course cohort.
Add a Video Note
- Log in to Brightspace with your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On your Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on your course under My Courses.
- Click the Course selector grid , then search for your course name or select your course from the drop-down menu.
- In the Navbar at the top of your course page, click Content.
- Under Table of Contents in the left sidebar, click on the module you want to add a video note to.
- Click Upload/Create.
- In the drop-down menu, select Create a File.
- In the HTML text editor toolbar, click the Insert stuff icon
- An Insert stuff window will open. Select Add Video Note from the list of options.
- Click the New Recording button to begin recording.
- Click Stop Recording when you are done recording your message.
- If you are satisfied with your recording, click Next.
- Customize the following details:
- a title and description for your video
- Select an audio language for your video from the drop–down menu.
|NOTE: To add automated closed captions to your video note, check the box ‘Automatically generate captions from audio’.
- Click Next.
- A preview window will appear. If you are satisfied with your video, click Insert.
- You will now see your media in the HTML text editor. Save the HTML page you have just inserted the video to.
Video Note Automatic Captioning
Video Note can automatically transcribe recordings and caption videos without the need to manually create and upload a .vvt file.
You can enable automatic caption in the Add Video Note window once you have recorded a video note. In order to add automated closed captions to your video note, you need to select an audio language from the drop-down menu and the Automatically generate captions from audio checkbox.
|Captions can be created in the following languages:
- US English (en-US)
- British English (en-GB)
- Canadian French (fr-CA)
- German (de-DE)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR)
- Korean (ko-KR)
- Italian (it-IT)
- Spanish (es-MX) – If not available, US Spanish (es-US) is used
- Modern Standard Arabic (ar-SA)
- Chinese Mandarin – Mainland (zh-CN)
- Russian (ru-RU)
- Japanese (ja-JP)
- Turkish (tr-TR)
- Dutch (nl-NL)
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.