- Finding Images for Brightspace Courses
- Change the banner image from your Brightspace homepage
- Change the banner image from your course page
- Remove the banner image from your course page
- Homepage Layout
The course banner image spans the top of course pages in Brightspace. The banner image is also the course thumbnail in the MyCourses widget on the Brightspace homepage. You can select an image from the Brightspace image gallery or upload your own image. Choose an image that says something unique about your course. Students may come to associate the banner image with the course.
NOTE: Course banner images should be 1200 x 200 pixels.
Example of a Brightspace course banner:
There are a number of royalty-free and/or creative commons licensed images you can use for your Brightspace course site. Check out some of the ideas below:
- Creative Commons (CC) Search
- Google Image Search (images, tools, and usage rights)
- Carleton Library Site
A number of free, stock images are available for use in your teaching and learning. Visit the links below and search for images to use in your content. Be sure to review the relevant use guidelines and specifications.
Your chosen image will now appear as your course banner on your course page and Brightspace homepage.
Your chosen banner image will appear as your course banner on your course page and Brightspace homepage.
To re-enable the banner using the Homepage menu at the bottom of the screen.
Widgets are the” building blocks” of homepages. You can create, edit, delete, customize widgets. There are two kinds of widgets within Brightspace:
- System Widgets- System widgets are defined by the Brightspace Learning Environment platform. You cannot modify the contents of system widgets or delete them, but you can change where the widgets are located on your course homepage and customize their display options. For a comprehensive description of all the system widgets, see the D2L List of System Widgets.
- Custom Widgets– Custom widgets allow you to expand the functionality of available content in your homepages to suit your specific organizational and course needs. You can add custom HTML code to create a wide range of widgets.
All courses are initially set up with a default course homepage layout by your system administration. You can use the Homepages tool to create a new homepage and set it as the active homepage for your course.
Was this page helpful?
2 people found this useful