The Office of the Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) was established in July 2012. Working under the strategic direction of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), the Office has two major university-wide responsibilities:
- Operational Academic Planning and Implementation
- Academic Quality Assurance
The main areas of focus for the Office of the Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) are:
- Advancing the strategic academic initiatives of the University
- Overseeing Carleton’s Institutional Quality Assurance Process (IQAP)
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement for Carleton’s academic programs
In support of these broad and interconnected activities, the Office is engaged in a number of institutional initiatives and works closely with the senior executive, senior administrators, faculty, staff, and students across campus.